As ICAO personnel, you can now enjoy unlimited access to all modules in the Extended E-Certificate in Leadership and Management (eCLM) on the Blue Line Global Learning Hub.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and UN management reform call on UN managers to lead effective teams, implement change and strengthen the UN’s programmatic and operational capacities.
UNSSC puts you in control of your own learning, giving you access to a unique collection of leadership and management modules tailor-made for leaders and managers across the UN system.
The curriculum includes a continually expanding collection of leadership and management modules. The modules on management span four different dimensions of management, including people management, planning, programme implementation and resource management. The modules on leadership elaborate on the characteristics and behaviours embodied in the UN System Leadership Framework and explore key aspects, amongst others, of ethical and transformational leadership.
Upon successful completion of the programme, ICAO participants will be able to:
- Create high-performing teams, by motivating and coaching staff, and supporting their career development. Monitor and evaluate staff performance and address under-performance in a constructive manner
- Translate overall visions into realistic goals, by planning strategically, implementing results-based management systems, mitigating risks, and managing resources and funds successfully
- Communicate effectively with staff, senior managers and peers. Build and maintain long-term partnerships with key stakeholders
- Adopt key practices and tools to ensure proper leadership and management of projects and programmes, delegate and monitor tasks easily, and communicate and deal with risks successfully
- Explain the key characteristics of UN leadership and support the adoption of leadership behaviours embodied in the UN System Leadership Framework.
- Create a UN inter-agency peer network.
The learning experience is structured around the following components:
- A micro-learning experience characterized by small knowledge units (modules and micro-lessons) where participants consolidate and reflect on learnings through the creation of micro-content (multimodal forum replies, blog posts, etc.).
- Scenario-based learning exposing participants to real-life challenges and tasks of UN managers.
- Consolidation of takeaways through reflective practices and social learning to facilitate information exchange and peer-to-peer learning.
Click HERE to download the dedicated FLYER for ICAO’s corporate subscription to the eCLM on the Blue Line.
Through the corporate subscription, ICAO personnel can enjoy unlimited access to all 50+ online modules available as part of the Extended E-Certificate. This includes:
- UNSSC Extended E-Certificate on Leadership and Management (eCLM). 50+ curated online modules on management, leadership, innovation and evaluation in the UN. UNIDO colleagues can start at any time, choosing the learning components that best fit their needs and complete the modules and activities at their own pace, as well as sign-up for upcoming new modules. Learning content, which is firmly anchored on the UN system leadership framework, spans across different dimensions of management, including: people management, planning, programme implementation and resource management.
- eCLM curated learning paths. Specialized learning paths made up of a set of pre-determined eCLM modules that focus on key thematic areas.
New modules on leadership and management-related topics will be periodically released and made available to corporate subscribers and their personnel throughout 2023.
The programme is delivered through UNSSC's Blue Line e-learning platform.
Click HERE to access the course catalogue for an overview of the courses and paths available on the Blue Line.
ICAO personnel at all levels.
Cost of participation
Free for ICAO personnel (ICAO's corporate email domain is needed to finalize the registration).