In these times of uncertainty, the United Nations is called to strengthen its own agility and adaptability. The fast pace of change is redefining UN staff roles, and calls on them to perform in a wide variety of challenging circumstances.
Everyone has to lead, remaining true to the mandate of the United Nations, and modelling the behaviours set forth in the UN System Leadership Framework.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Explain the key characteristics of UN leadership and support the adoption of the leadership behaviours embodied in the UN System Leadership Framework.
- Gain increased self-awareness of your emotions and master techniques for managing them effectively.
- Identify others’ emotions and respond empathetically and constructively.
- Develop a “systems thinker” mindset and be able to use it as a tool to apprehend and tackle the problems you face in your working environment.
- Articulate complexity and key organizational approaches to change, and take specific actions to develop and sustain personal and organizational resilience.
- Define what innovation is, how valuable it can be to your organization, and be able to identify processes, tools and methods of innovation.
- Use your communication skills to build and sustain lasting relationships with team members and stakeholders
This programme follows learner-centered design and scenario-based learning. It is a self-paced learning path delivered entirely online.
This custom learning path forms part of the UNSSC Blue Line leaning platform. This custom learning path has been created specifically to support all UN staff and teams as they face the complex leadership and management challenges stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.
After registration, participants can start and complete modules and activities at their own pace.
This online learning path offers:
A micro-learning experience characterized by small knowledge units (modules and micro-lessons) where participants consolidate and reflect on learnings through the creation of micro-content (multimodal forum replies, blog posts, etc.).
Scenario-based learning exposing participants to unique real-life challenges and tasks of UN managers
Consolidation of takeaways through reflective practices and social learning to facilitate information exchange and peer-to-peer learning
The UNSSC dedicated e-learning platform tracks completion of individual modules. A final certificate will be granted to participants who complete all modules in the learning path.
Each module is estimated to require approximately three to four hours of study time to complete at your own pace.
Subject to completion of this learning path, interested participants can sign up and access the Extended E-Certificate on Leadership and Management or other E-Learning Paths in Blue Line. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The UN Leadership in Times of Uncertainty E-Learning Path includes the following modules:
- The UN System Leadership Framework
- Managing Emotions
- Systems Thinking (2 modules)
- Introduction to Change Management
- Building Resilience to Change
- Introduction to Innovation
- Leading through Communication
The programme is delivered through UNSSC's Blue Line e-learning platform. By completing the learning path, participants will have access to an exclusive alumni network for continuous learning and exchange.
UN officials at all levels.