Designed to develop the leadership potential of managers, middle managers and operations focal points, this programme focuses on negotiation, consensus building and communications skills. It employs an array of active learning methodologies and tools such as an individualized 360° leadership assessment (offered in English, French and Spanish).
The programme allows participants to cultivate stronger connections by networking with peers from across the UN system and various duty stations and to develop skills for persuasive advocacy and communication across multi-stakeholder environments and audiences.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Have explored their own leadership style, while identifying and prioritizing strengths to build on;
- Apply skills for persuasive advocacy and communication across multi-stakeholder environments and audiences;
- Benefit from stronger connections by networking with peers from across the UN system and various duty stations.
This face-to-face course combines lectures by external experts and senior UN staff with interactive and participatory exercises.
Participants engage in peer-to-peer exchange related to operations, role play, case studies and interactive reflection to create a rich and proactive learning environment.
Leadership concepts and styles of leadership; tips on the path to becoming a leader in the UN; managing negotiations; innovation; exploring individual strengths and weaknesses through 360 assessments; building charisma and communications skills.
Managers, middle managers and operations focal points
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme fee of 2500 USD covers:
- A pre-residential component, including a 360° leadership assessment and/or personality assessment and pre-readings;
- A four-day face-to-face training, with individual coaching sessions;
- Follow up activities and continued alumni networking opportunities.
- Refreshments will be provided during the programme.
The fee does not include travel, accommodation, meals and other incidentals.
Certificates of attendance from the UN System Staff College will be awarded to participants who complete the course.