The CBI for Panel Members can be offered to individuals or groups.
For individual participants, they need to complete the self-paced online learning (6-8 hours learning time), followed by an one-on-one coaching/mentoring session with an experienced mentor to practice CBI skills.
For groups, we can offer blended programme consisting of online learning (6-8 hours), and a 2-day face-to-face workshop in the location of your choice. If groups prefer only face-to-face workshop, we can also offer 3-day workshop at a location of your choice.
In general, the focus of the online phase is to help participants understand the key concepts of CBI, and one-to-one mentoring session or the residential workshop focuses on practice and application of the concepts.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain in-depth understanding of the UN competency framework and CBI
- Understand and perform their roles as panel members (including HR representatives)
- Have interview questions and useful templates ready to conduct CBI the next day
- Manage CBI successfully and make justifiable selection decisions
This programme follows learner-centered design principles, and applies adult learning, such as case-based learning, simulation-based learning, reflection and social learning.
The online phase is self-paced where participants can start at any time and complete activities at their own pace within 2 months.
When participants have completed all the online activities, a one-to-one coaching/mentoring session or a workshop will be scheduled with a course instructor. A final certificate of completion will be issued.
- UN selection system
- UN competency framework
- The roles of hiring managers and HR representatives in CBI
- Before, during and after the interview
- Building rapport and communicating through non-verbal language
- Good questions and bad questions
- Assessing candidates’ responses
- Making the selection decision
- Being aware of biases in selection decision making
- Writing reports
We welcome UN officials at headquarters and in the field who serve as panel members in Competency-Based Interviews.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The programme fee for individual participants is 750 USD, which includes online learning and a one-to-one mentoring session.