Many professional development programmes teach techniques for managing others. This programme introduces you to some very new – and some very old – approaches for managing yourself.
It comprises a highly experiential journey of self-discovery based on John Scherer’s “Five Questions that Change Everything”:
- What CONFRONTS me? What ‘tigers’ do I need to face?’
- What am I BRINGING? What is my history with this situation? What am I saying to myself that makes it hard for me to face this ‘tiger’?
- What RUNS me? Where am I ‘on autopilot’ and don’t realize it? How is that affecting what I do all day long-and in my life in general?
- What CALLS me? What bone-deep gifts, talents or capabilities do I possess that call out to be expressed more fully in my life and work? What kind of difference would I like to think my life could make in the world?
- What will UNLEASH me? What will it take for me to finally get out of my own way and BE fully who I am in the world?
By inviting you to explore these questions, the programme will challenge your current way of thinking and help you find your source of effectiveness and sense of purpose. The location of the programme will not fail to surprise you either.
Upon successful completion of this programme, participants will:
- Seek to turn conflict into creative change and discover alternative options for dealing with difficult people and situations;
- Unhook from counter-productive reactions and patterns and identify and work with the difference between solving problems and managing dilemmas (polarities);
- Maintain balance and productivity in the face of obstacles and resistance and turn work into a powerful vehicle for rich, life-long courage;
- Become more present in your communication through authentic listening and speaking;
- Achieve greater integration of body, mind, and spirit;
- Be clear and focused on their greater purpose in relation to self, others and life.
The programme represents the beginning of a journey of inner awareness. It includes a one-on-one goal-setting conversation with a facilitator prior to the start of programme, a 4-day intensive workshop and two group sessions after the programme that help you to apply what you have learned and continue your development.
There are sessions that challenge your current way of thinking; sessions that relax and strengthen your body; sessions that deepen your connection to that which is most important in your life and in your work. Even though the pace is intense, it is not pressured.
- Staff at senior level (P5 and above) from the UN and affiliated organizations.
- The “Deep Dive” is complementary to UNSSC’s ‘UN Leaders Programme’ and is a zoom in alumni offering.
- It is designed for people that have already begun to explore their leadership potential. However, any leader facing difficult challenges will find the experience beneficial.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The course fee of 4000 USD includes tuition and training materials. Participants or their sponsoring organizations are expected to cover all travel costs related to their attendance in the course.