We are all living and working in a time of high ambiguity, where work is ever more complex and volatile. Stress levels are higher than usual as we are trying to navigate the uncertainties that the pandemic and weakening economy has brought. This means that we have to learn to re-direct our attention and priorities more quickly and become both skilled and comfortable in practicing adaptive leadership.
Furthermore, the need to realize the benefits of the UN reform and the principles outlined in the UN Leadership Framework, call upon members to demonstrate their capacity for agile adaptive change leadership.
This series will allow senior leaders to enhance their transformational change leadership skills, through personal reflection and by gaining a greater understanding of your inner capacities and external change leadership practices. Doing so with your peers will build a leadership community, allowing senior leaders to identify how you can build individual and team resiliency.
You will connect with other change leaders, learning through sharing experiences and building a change leadership community. Together you will:
- Explore pillars of resiliency and learn and exchange tools needed to build individual and team resilience
- Gain more awareness around the inner capacities that are needed to lead change
- Learn about external change practices required to navigate change
- Deepen your understanding of emergent change as the most successful change approach in complex and locally differentiated setting, and reflect on how to apply emergent change in your current environment
- Obtain insight into the hidden forces of preventing change and ways to set the right conditions for staff to engage.
The course consists of six highly interactive webinars of 90 minutes. No pre-work is required.
Each webinar provides a brief theoretical framework as a backdrop for an intensive peer exchange. The topics are as follows:
Webinar 1: Individual resiliency (Monday, 25 January)
How do we manage energy, create structure and purpose for ourselves in a VUCA environment?
Webinar 2: Inner capacities - your qualities as a change leader (Thursday, 28 January)
How do we strengthen a mindful mental and emotional state necessary to lead big change?
Webinar 3: External practices for change leaders (Monday, 01 February)
How good are we at creating purpose, naming reality, channeling anxiety and modelling change? And how can we improve and nurture these skills?
Webinar 4: Change leadership approaches (Thursday, 04 February)
Does our approach to change enable a shift or maintain current routines?
Webinar 5: Creating the right conditions and managing undercurrents preventing change (Monday, 08 February)
How do we address undercurrents of change which can either make people feel stuck or enable them to contribute. How can we foster behaviour that make colleagues give their best in times of change?
Webinar 6: Creating energy in your team (Thursday, 11 February)
How can I create energy and build team resiliency in the face of a VUCA environment?
All webinars will run from 2.00 pm – 3.30 pm CEST.
This programme is developed for senior leaders at the D1 and D2 level and for Heads of Office at the country level. It has been successfully rolled-out for Resident Coordinators and several UNCTs in 2020. Here are some of their voices:
- “I was very sceptical initially but I am sooo glad I decided to join. Feeling good.”
- “This has been very useful for me, an opportunity to reflect and chat with colleagues. This is the first opportunity to unburden that I have had in the last 3 months.”
“Finally, they realized we are human!”
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The course fee is $1,950