An unprecedented crisis like COVID–19 places immense pressures on executive leaders to be responsive and adaptive, while setting the tone, direction and priorities for steps forward at an organization-wide, systems level. It is often said that true leaders excel in times of crisis and, indeed, it is essential now more than ever to lean on your peers and experts to cultivate and enhance your vantage point.
The Executive Leadership in Times of Crisis programme aims to support executive leaders of the UN System by promoting dialogue and exchange on navigating times of crisis, to deliver on the business dimension of leadership response effectively.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with renowned experts and peers and gain insights and inspiration on how to tackle various leadership challenges that arise and are particularly heightened in times of crisis.
- Build a peer support network and rely on and support each other through real work and life challenges.
- Problem solve and identify pragmatic solutions to difficulties or questions faced.
- Continue your exploration of the various leadership topics through accessing and using the online resource library.
As part of the course, you will:
- Participate in weekly webinars with thematic experts, which will focus on introspective conversations and plenary exchange.
- Participate in peer exchange exercises, with a focus on knowledge-sharing and joint problem–solving.
- Have access to a library of tools, videos, and templates to consolidate your learning.
- Additionally, you can also opt-in (at an additional cost) for an individual coaching sessions with a seasoned executive coach to further contextualize and personalize your learning.
The programme series comprises:
The Business Dimension (29 April-19 May)
- Week 1, April 29: Decision-making in Times of Difficulty - Zoom Meeting on Wednesday from 2.00 to 3.15 pm (Turin time) / 8.00 to 9.15 am (NY time)
- Week 2, May 6: Business Continuity – How to Plan & Prioritize - Zoom Meeting on Wednesday from 2.00 to 3.15 pm (Turin time) / 8.00 to 9.15 am (NY time)
- Week 3, May 13: Leading by Example – Doing Things Differently - Zoom Meeting on Wednesday from 2.00 to 3.15 pm (Turin time) / 8.00 to 9.15 am (NY time)
Find your local time zone: click here
Find your local number: https://unssc.zoom.us/u/aeex4H3xj3
The Business Dimension series is comprised of a 1h online webinar with subject matter experts and keynotes for each module on Wednesdays, followed by a short 15 min group activity on the same platform directly after the webinar (thus, 1h 15min total on Wednesday from 8.00-9.15am NY time). During that week, participants will need to engage in individual asynchronous reflections at their convenience and agree on a date and time to conduct a virtual peer-to-peer exchange related to the weekly topic with 2-3 other participants (suggested time: minimum 45 minutes). We also provide access to an online library with suggested zoom in resources.
Therefore, the synchronous learning experience (webinar + peer-to-peer consultation) will require between 2 and 2.5 hrs per week, while the time dedicated to asynchronous learning (individual reflections and zoom in resources) will depend on your needs and interests. The programme runs over a 3 week period.
Executive leaders at the D1 and above levels across the UN System.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The fee for enrolment US$ 500 which includes access to all course material