UNSSC Coaching programmes enable participants to explore challenges, relationships and tools, as well as good leadership and management practices. Coaching helps participants gain insights that enable them to be more effective in attaining their goals or in shaping their vision.
Coaching is a learning process: it changes the way we observe ourselves and others, or engage in a specific situation. We work on ourselves together with the coach.
The UNSSC Executive Coaching for General Service staff package offers the opportunity, space, structure, and, crucially, the safety, for busy staff to reflect, contextualize, learn, and grow.
Our coaching services are delivered by highly experienced and credentialed coaches who work in our programmes, allowing them insight to the UN context. You can benefit from tailored one-on-one coaching sessions, to discuss and find meaningful learning while working to reach your goals and vision.
If you have already worked with one of our coaches, you are welcome to request to work with the same one. If this is your first coaching experience, we will contact you after your enrolment has been approved in order to pair you with one of our coaches, according to your specific needs.
The UNSSC Executive Coaching for General Service staff - Five Session Package offers 5 sessions of 1 hour each, for a total of 300 minutes of coaching
The coaching is completely individualized for you and confidential and will be delivered online (Skype, Zoom, telephone, etc.).
Please be aware of our coaching policy on scheduling, rescheduling, cancellation and no-show of sessions:
Procedure and Scheduling of the Coaching session:
- The time of the Coaching meetings will be determined by the Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time.
- Coaches will make a minimum of 3 attempts in writing to communicate with the Client to schedule the session.
- If the Coaches’ efforts do not successfully result in the scheduling of the session, UNSSC will make contact with the Client advising of a deadline for replying and scheduling of the session in order to avoid forfeiting a session.
- If the above efforts do not result in a coaching session being scheduled and completed within the agreed time frame, the Client will forfeit a coaching session.
- It is the responsibility of the coaches to reach out to their coachee to schedule the coaching sessions.
- Coaches are expected to make a minimum of three attempts in writing to communicate with the coachee to schedule the session.
- If the Coaches’ efforts do not successfully result in the scheduling of the session, UNSSC will make contact with the coachee advising of the deadline for replying and scheduling of the session in order to avoid forfeiting a session.
- If the above efforts do not result in a coaching session being scheduled and undertaken within the agreed time frame, the coachee will forfeit a coaching session. If coaching sessions of differing lengths of time are planned as part of the programme, the session of lesser time that has yet to take place will be forfeited.
Cancellation of sessions
- Coachees must give their assigned coach 24-hour cancellation notice prior to their scheduled session.
- Coachees are allowed a maximum of two cancellations per coaching session.
- In the event that participants have exhausted the allowance of re-scheduling their sessions, or they no-show or cancel their session with less than 24 hours' notice, the coachee will forfeit a session.
- Exceptional circumstances will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the coach and coachee.
This activity is open to any General Service-level staff from across the United Nations.
In order for us to better tailor the coaching offer to your needs, kindly reply to these questions in the "Motivation" field when you enrol online:
- Have you ever been coached before?
- If you have been coached before as part of one of our programmes, would you like to be assigned the same coach?
- What is your preferred language for coaching?
- What is your preferred time zone for the coaching?
Cost of participation
The activity fee is $1,150 for the 300 minute-package
- The coaching experience was very exciting. It revealed my leadership style and framed a step-by-step guide to effectively deal with work-life balance.
- The coaching was like a spring board to regain confidence. It helped me to enhance innovation and partnership building at the work place using participative leadership approach.
- Jean Wabo, Chief Training Officer, Integrated Mission Training Centre, MINUSCA Bangui, Central African Republic
- I have dramatically improved my active listening, which is impacting my leadership results and is building trust with my staff. Co-creating a vision with my team motivates them and aligns everyone towards a common goal.
- Coaching has allowed me to use more of my talent and potential, increasing my creativity and learning. I feel more motivated and I have improved my performance and productivity. The coach was very committed to my development. I believe I have just started a personal and organizational change that will continue in my future career.
- Maria Gema Cortes Regano, Director of Public Information Division, MINUSMA, Bamako, Mali
- The coaching sessions changed my life. I started to take positive steps towards better job satisfaction and life-work balance. The coaching was really beneficial. I was very impressed with my coach and I will continue to implement her advice
- Anne-Maria Fenner, Information Officer, UNEP, Panama City, Panama