The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the UN management reform call for UN managers to lead effective teams, implement changes and ultimately strengthen the UN’s capacities to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
In this context, UNSSC offers you a unique online learning path on resource management. The curriculum covers key aspects of resource management.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Explain the key characteristics of UN leadership and support the adoption of leadership behaviours embodied in the UN System Leadership Framework.
- Utilize accounting as a language of the organization and integrate it into your daily programme activities.
- Explore all the necessary tools and core principles to apply RBM in your project and programme management.
- Apply the concepts and tools provided in a CBI to facilitate recruitment in your organization.
- Outline the true objectives of the programme budget process.
This programme follows learner-centered design & scenario-based learning. It is a self-paced learning path delivered entirely online.
Participants can start at any time and complete modules and activities at their own pace and sign-up for upcoming new modules.
The Resouce Management E-Learning Path offers:
- A micro-learning experience characterized by small knowledge units (modules and micro-lessons) where participants consolidate and reflect on learnings through the creation of micro-content (multimodal forum replies, blog posts, etc.).
- Scenario-based learning exposing participants to unique real-life challenges and tasks of UN managers
- Consolidation of takeaways through reflective practices and social learning to facilitate information exchange and peer-to-peer learning
- Unlimited access to all modules for one calendar year from the date of enrolment.
Participants will be granted unlimited access to the learning path for one calendar year from the date of enrolment. UNSSC dedicated e-learning platform tracks completion of individual modules. A final certificate will be given to participants completing all modules in the learning path.
Each module is estimated to require approximately three to four hours of study time to complete at your own pace.
This learning path forms part of the new UNSSC’s Blueline leaning platform. Subject to completion of this learning path, interested participants can sign up and access the Extended E-Certificate on Leadership and Management or other E-Learning Paths in Blueline. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Resource Management E-Learning Path includes the following modules:
- The UN System Leadership Framework
- Managing Financial Resources (2 modules)
- Budgeting (2 modules)
- Competency-Based Interview (CBI) for Panel Members
- Managing for Results
- Introduction to M&E
The programme is delivered through UNSSC's Blueline e-learning platform. By completing the learning path, participants will have access to an exclusive alumni network for continuous learning and exchange.
UN officials at all levels with management and leadership functions at headquarters and in the field.