Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is the Staff College’s governing body that approves its overall work programme and budget. The UNSSC Board considers ways and means of enhancing the financial resources of the Staff College, evaluates its activities and provides recommendations for its future strategic direction.
Members of the UNSSC Board
Members of the Board are selected among senior officials of the High-level Committee on Programmes (HLCP) and the High-level Committee on Management (HLCM), in line with the inter-agency nature of the Staff College. Board Members act as “ambassadors” for the College by promoting its work in inter-agency gatherings and throughout the UN system.
Board Members are appointed by the Secretary-General to serve in their personal capacity for a two-year term.
- Ms. Maria Luiza Ribeiro Viotti, UN Chef de Cabinet
Members (alphabetical order):
- Ms. Anita Bhatia, Deputy Executive Director for Resource Management, Sustainability and Partnerships, UN Women
- Ms. Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, UNAIDS
- Ms. Grete Faremo, Executive Director, UNOPS
- Ms. Natalia Kanem, Executive Director, UNFPA
- Ms. Catherine Pollard, USG for Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance
- Mr. Raul Thomas, Assistant Director-General Business Operations, WHO
- Mr. Haoliang Xu, Director, Bureau of Policy and Programme Support, UNDP
- Mr. Jafar Javan, Director, UNSSC
- Mr. Nikhil Seth, Executive Director, UNITAR
- Ms. Simona Petrova, Secretary and Director of the CEB