Designed and delivered in collaboration with UNOCHA, this programme is tailored to the needs of humanitarian candidates who are preparing for the RC assessment.
Suitable candidates will prepare over a 6-month process that combines coaching, mentoring, webinars, and a 2-day face-to-face intensive workshop in Turin.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Deepen their understanding and preparedness vis-à-vis the five RC competencies
- Understand and apply the ‘rules-of-the-game’ for assessment centres
- Identify and further develop areas of relevance to the five RC competencies
The programme runs over six month prior to the RC assessment and includes a tailored 360° assessment - fully aligned to the RC competencies - and related debriefing, reading materials and topical webinars, sessions with an executive coach, mentoring session with Senior UN colleagues, and a 2-day workshop dedicated to the preparation for the RC assessment.
Topics of the workshop in Turin (12-13 September 2017):
Day 1: a) What is an Assessment Center? b) Understanding the RC competencies c) discussing with current / former RCs d) exercise 1: Competency Based Interviews.
Day 2: a) Role play and feedback (e.g. inbox exercise or role play around a competency) b) managing personal stress before and during the assessment c) Exercise and feedback d) personal action plan for continued preparation (what do I need to do leading into the RC Assessment – on-the job learning activities); mentoring.
The programme targets members of the HC Pool who are being considered by their parent organization for nomination to the RCAC within the next six months. Participation by UNOCHA invitation only.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The course fee of 3,000 USD covers the following:
- 360° assessment and debriefing;
- coaching and mentoring sessions;
- participation in live webinars;
- access to the on-line UNSSC course on SDGs;
- course materials and presentations;
- exclusive access to the UNSSC online learning platform and the Alumni network.
The fees do not include costs related to travel, DSA, accommodation and meals during the residential workshop in Turin (Italy).