UN STEP Skills and Tools for Effective Programming
The training programme will offer a mix of knowledge and skills for advancing UN coherence and strengthening the quality of programming at the country level. Participants will become fully knowledgeable about UN programming tools and their practical application, innovative ways and approaches to support the planning and implementation of UN development strategies and frameworks, as well as improve some of the essential skills that are required to support the work of UN Country Teams in an effective fashion. The course will adopt a blended format of instructional sessions, experience sharing and peer to peer learning.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to help the UN system increase the coherence and effectiveness of country level programming.
Specific Objectives: Knowledge
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be able to learn and reflect on the key lessons and approaches from the DaO pilots and other countries undertaking enhanced UN coherence
- Be able to apply Results-based Management (RBM) in country level programming
- Share experience and learn how to use different programme planning and implementation tools (e.g. Interest Group Analysis; UNDAF Info)
Specific Objectives: Skills
Participants will have improved their skills in:
- Leading and facilitating diverse teams
- Supporting effective inter Agency processes
- UN Strategic planners
- Chairs/members of UNDAF groups/task teams
- UN Coordination officers/advisors
Contact email: coherence [at] unssc [dot] org