Board of Governors
As stated in the UNSSC Statute, the Board of Governors is responsible for:
(a) Formulating general policy for the activities of the Staff College;
(b) Considering the work programme and budget, on the basis of proposals submitted by the Director of the Staff College.
(c) Considering ways and means of enhancing the financial resources of the Staff College with a view to ensuring the effectiveness and continuity of its operations;
(d) Evaluating the activities of the Staff College and their impact and reporting thereon to the Chief Executives Board;
(e) Submitting an annual report to the Chief Executives Board.
In 2009, a newly appointed Board of Governors took office, following a process of reforms aimed at guaranteeing a more accountable and predictable governance structure. Board Members are appointed by the Secretary-General for a two-year period, with the possibility of a one-year extension.
The UNSSC Board meets annually.
Members of the UNSSC Board
- Mr. Edmond Mulet Chef de Cabinet, EOSG
Members (alphabetical order):
- Mr. Shambu Acharya, Director, Department of Country Cooperation and Collaboration with the UN System, Office of the Director-General, WHO
- Ms. Janice Dunn Lee, Deputy Director-General and Head of the Department of Management, IAEA
- Mr. Getachew Engida, Deputy Director-General, UNESCO
- Mr. Tegegnework Gettu, Associate Administrator, UNDP
- Mr. Navid Hanif, Director Office of ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UNDESA
- Mr. Manoj Juneja, Assistant Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer, WFP
- Mr. Olav Kjørven, Director of the Public Partnerships Division, UNICEF
- Ms. Carole Wainaina, Assistant Secretary-General for Human Resources Management, OHRM
- Mr. Jafar Javan, Director, UNSSC
- Mr. Nikhil Seth, Executive Director, UNITAR
- Ms. Simona Petrova, Acting Secretary and Director of the CEB