The UNSSC Knowledge Centre for Sustainable Development has adapted this long-running course to enable participants to better support the work of UN Country Teams within the context of Agenda 2030, and address the challenges of localizing the Sustainable Development Goals.
The course offers a mix of knowledge and skills for advancing UN coherence and strengthening the quality of programming at the country level. Participants gain enhanced knowledge of UN programming tools and instruments (UNDAF guidance, MAPS approach and guides) and their practical application in UN development projects.
This course is designed in close cooperation with the UN Development Operations Coordination Office (UN DOCO).
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Demonstrate a common understanding of Agenda 2030 and the Paris Agreement and their implications for the UN system's country-level interventions;
- Be prepared to use the revised UNDAF Guidance, tools and instruments to assist UN Country Teams to effectively support national efforts in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda;
- Have exchanged country experiences, innovations, good practices and knowledge with other participants.
The course is interactive in nature and will use real-life examples and exercises to offer opportunities for participants to learn and internalize critical elements. It applies a blended format of instructional sessions, experience-sharing and peer-to-peer learning.
- Day 1: Global context, imperatives of Agenda 2030 and Paris Agreement. Implications on country programming
- Day 2: Different elements and steps of the country programming: integrated approach to programming, common country analysis, Vision 2030+
- Day 3: Different elements and steps of country programming: RBM and Theory of Change, strategic prioritization, implementation, essential elements of financing
- Day 4: Mainstreaming, Acceleration and Policy Support (MAPS) in a nutshell. M&E and Reporting for Results. Communication and Advocacy
Regional and Country Office staff, field level managers, UN Strategic planners, Chairs/members of UNDAF groups/task teams and UN Coordination officers/advisors.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The course fee of 2,000 USD covers the following:
- Four days of training with a balance of presentations and group work on case studies and exercises;
- Exclusive access to our online learning platform with training and supporting background materials, and the opportunity to stay connected with colleagues;
- All course materials, resources and contacts.
Participants are expected to cover all travel costs related to their attendance in the course. Accommodation in a hotel in town will be booked in advance by the UNSSC; however, the accommodation costs will be borne by the participants.
Certificates of Attendance from the UN System Staff College will be awarded to participants who complete the course.