In response to the need for increased accountability to support implementation of the 2030 Agenda, this course offers a mix of knowledge and skills for advancing the implementation of RBM, enhancing UN coherence, and strengthening the quality of UN common programming at the country level. Participants will become knowledgeable about RBM and its practical application, and be introduced to innovative approaches to support the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of UN sustainable development strategies and frameworks.
This workshop highlights the extent to which the implementation of RBM techniques has an impact on UN business practices. It demonstrates how RBM contributes to national efforts for achieving development results, supports the implementation of a common framework for inter-agency collaboration, and shapes countries’ approaches to programme design, implementation and management for results in development.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Be able to apply results-based management in country level programming;
- Understand and be prepared to use different programme planning and implementation tools;
- Have learned from experiences and knowledge exchange among participants.
The course will adopt a blended format of instructional sessions, experience sharing and peer-to-peer learning. Participants enjoy opportunities to practice and internalize the RBM approach using case studies from UN programming processes around the world.
Course enrolment will be limited to 25 participants to maximize interaction with the course instructors and derive maximum benefit from small group work.
- Day 1: Setting the scene of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, UN Reform, DaO and Overview of RBM
- Day 2: Programming Principles and Results Framework
- Day 3: Managing for Results and Theory of Change
- Day 4: RBM and Participants’ Projects
UN strategic planners; chairs/members of UNDAF groups/results groups/task teams; UN coordination officers/advisors.
Cost of participation
Cost of participation:
The course fee of 2,000 USD covers the following:
- Four days of training with a balance of presentations and group work on case studies and exercises;
- Exclusive access to our online learning platform with training and supporting background materials, and the opportunity to stay connected with colleagues;
- All course materials, resources and contacts.
Participants are expected to cover all travel costs related to their attendance in the course. Accommodation in a hotel in town will be booked in advance by the UNSSC; however, the accommodation costs will be borne by the participants.
Certificates of Attendance from the UN System Staff College will be awarded to participants who complete the course.